RSS Feeds

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Ah, the Memories: 2008


It gets easier from here on out. I got my computer right before going off to college (fall of 2008), so anything for 2008/2009 I can just look at play counts.

"I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You" by Black Kids from the album Partie Traumatic

The intro being said, here is one of the top plays I have in my library. It's awful, but it's catchy...awfully catchy! I'm sorry, forgive me. Either way you can't deny that bass line.

"Skinny Love" by Bon Iver from the album For Emma, Forever Ago

"Skinny Love" is a wonderfully honest and emotional song. So incredibly poetic... this guy is a genius. Brilliant song, brilliant lyrics, amazing all together!

"Dance the Way I Feel" by Ou Est Le Swimming Pool from the album Mixes from Global

Let go. Dance. Forget. Just dance the way you feel. Pretend no one's watching. Loooooooove it! And I love that little cascade electro thing they got going on.

"Smile Upon Me" by Passion Pit from their Chunk of Change EP

Love love love it! But you MUST be wearing headphones for that intro. Then, and only then, can your eyes completely freak out and go left to right with the music. And that falsetto! Swoon!

"I'm a Lady" by Santogold from her self-titled album Santogold

Of course this song makes me feel like a lady too. A rockin' lady, but a lady nonetheless. You better know it! Got my mind made up ;)

Check back tomorrow for the last installment of "Ah, the Memories"

0 comments :