RSS Feeds

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ah, the Memories: 2001


All I can think of when I think of music in 2001 are bands like *NSYNC (yeah, that's right, don't forget the *), Lady Marmalade, and Dido. What can I say, That's what I think of whenever I look back: a top 40 world. But don't worry, everyone ventures away eventually.

"Dancing in the Moonlight" (cover)" by Toploader from the Walk to Remember Soundtrack


I know that's not the original album, but I'll admit that's how I knew the song. But either way I can't help but love it! I'm a big cover fan, so maybe that has something to do with it, but at the end of the day, you can't deny that the song is fun, good to dance to, and catchy! And right now, in these cold winter months, it certainly makes me look forward to summer :)

"Movies" by Alien Ant Farm from ANThology


This is another track that I found on a lot of my mix CDs. I haven't heard "Movies" in years, but I got pretty nostalgic listening to it again. For some reason I thought was a pretty rockin' kid, and I would listen to Alien Ant Farm ad I thought I was listening to punk rock (yeah that's right, sad but true, I'll admit it). So yes, I'm going to turn this one up and dance around in my room....maybe there will even be some air guitar...

"Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz from their self-titled Gorillaz album

I love Gorillaz, and "Clint Eastwood" is probably one of the first songs I heard from them. It's just a nice mix of electronica, rock, and hip hop. Hopefully the real Clint Eastwood likes the song too. I loved this song when it came out and I still love it today!

"The Middle" by Jimmy Eat World from the album Bleed American


Just let "The Middle" sink in for a second. This song always puts me in a good mood. When I'm feeling down, it somehow helps me cheer up and become motivated to keep going.

"Last Nite" by The Strokes from the album Is This It


Some people truly won't understand! This song is so wonderfully addicting! Who can't love their sound? I mean, even with sad lyrics, the tune blends in an energetic beat. Hooray for garage rock! Hopefully the new album will be released...eventually

And there you have it! And now on to 2002!

0 comments :