RSS Feeds

Friday, December 25, 2009

Ah, the Memories: 2002


We're on to 2002!

(Note: some of the songs will play in the player, while clicking on others will take you to another site to download them.)

"Swing, Swing" by The All-American Rejects from their self-titled album The All-American Rejects

Oh lord, the All-American Rejects. Posting this song is slightly embarrassing, but like I said, this is by no means a "Best of" post. I'm just being honest, and apparently I was attracted to music with lyrics that had emotional depth of a seventh grader, Maybe that's because I was a seventh grader...

"Clocks" by Coldplay from A Rush of Blood to the Head

I think it's safe to say that this is one of the biggest songs from Coldplay, and it was a huge hit in 2002, being most people's first introduction to the band (after "Yellow" of course). I love Chris Martin, and the piano with his voice is just really powerful in this track.

"Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service from the album Give Up

I still love this song and I can listen to it over and over again! Whether it's The Postal Service or Death Cab for Cutie, who doesn't love Ben Gibbard? And he always does a great job with lyrics. The first three lines just have simply amazing imagery, and the rest of the song only gets better.

"The Best of Me" by The Starting Line from the album Say It Like You Mean It

Oh lord, I loved this album, in all of it's pop-punk glory. I used to put the CD on repeat. Part of that also could be that the only button the worked on my CD player was the play button. Serious. If I wanted o stop the CD I had to take the batteries out.

"The Taste of Ink" by The Used from their self-titled album The Used
A lot of people think it's funny that I used to listen to The Used, but I did. It's just a really great anthem with a gret guitar sound and vocals.
That's 2002 for you! 2003's post will be up soon!

0 comments :