RSS Feeds

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ah, the Memories: 2006


We're on to 2006! I think this is also when I first really had an iPod, so no more mix CDs to rely on, just my memory.

"I Bet You Look Good On the Dance Floor" by Arctic Monkeys from the album Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

So incredibly danceable! And what an amazing bridge! "Oh there ain't no love no, Montagues and Capulets/ We just banging tunes 'n' DJ sets 'n'/ Dirty dancefloors and dreams of naughtyness!" Bloody brilliant! :)

"Naive" by The Kooks from the album Inside In/Inside Out

I had a roommate who used to play this song every morning on repeat from when she woke up till when she was dressed and out the door. It used to be overwhelming to hear one song so much, but luckily I now look back on it and can laugh and appreciate the Kooks.

"Breathe Me" by Sia from the album Colour the Small One

My personal favorite. Such a vulnerable song, and the way Sia sings it... beautiful. Her voice is so compelling, it's addictive. I love listening to all her music, whether it's her solo work or her stuff with Zero 7.

"Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups from the album Carnavas

A lot of people have either a love or hate relationship with Brian Aubert's voice, but I find it very unique. Amazing bass, amazing guitar, and amazing drums.

"Wolf Like Me" by TV On the Radio from the album Return to Cookie Mountain

You have to put this song on repeat. I mean, how can you not? It's addicting! And there is no way you cannot move when you listen to this. It's everything you need: sex, drugs, rock n' roll...and werewolves.

2007 will definitely be up tomorrow, and possibly 2008 as well. Either way, the New Year is right around the corner!

0 comments :