RSS Feeds

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ah, the Memories: 2004


Hey hey hey, it's 2004!

"Neighborhood #3" by Arcade Fire from their album Funeral

From the opening, you know that Arcade Fire means business, and they don't disappoint. I can't listen to this song without wanting to bob my head, get up, and dance. Plus there's a glockenspiel. I think I'm in love.

"Dirt Off Your Shoulder" by DJ Dangermouse from The Grey Album

Here it is, this marks my obsession with later mash-ups from Girl Talk, E-603, Terry Urban, Mick Boogie, and the Hood Internet. This CD gets me every time, mixing everything that I love about rap (mad flow yo) with what I love with rock/pop/indie/other genres (the melody).

"Take Me Out” by Franz Ferdinand from their self-titled album Franz Ferdinand

I remember the first time I heard this song. The guitar comes in with a simple strum, and it could be any other song in the whole entire world, and after about a minute the whole song just slows down and the riff kicks in and you know they mean business. Love it.

"Alive With the Glory of Love" by Say Anything from the album Is a Real Boy

Clearly it's all about the intro: those Beatles style "ahhs" and that snare drum. Please and thank you. I love the lyrics and I love the melody. It's a simple song with a great message.

"Existentialism On Prom Night by Staylight Run from their self-titled album Starylight Run

I love this chorus, and because I love this chorus, I can't help but love the entire song. Plus the piano is simply beautiful.

Stay tuned, 2005 is coming up!

0 comments :