RSS Feeds

Friday, August 21, 2009

I <3 Karen O

On October 16th the big-screen live-action version of Maurice Sendak’s kiddie-lit classic Where the Wild Things Are arrives in theaters, but you don’t have to wait that long to hear some of Karen O and the Kids’ (as the Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ frontlady is billing her crew of collaborators) soundtrack. The disc is out September 29th and first single “All Is Love” will come out August 25th digitally.

Karen O composed music for the soundtrack and co-produced it with Tom Biller of the Afternoons. The Kids’ rockers includes her Yeah Yeah Yeahss bandmates Brian Chase and Nick Zinner along with Tristan Bechet (Services), Bradford Cox (Deerhunter), Dean Fertita (Queens of the Stone Age, The Dead Weather, The Raconteurs), Aaron Hemphill (Liars), Greg Kurstin (The Bird and the Bee), Jack Lawrence (The Dead Weather, The Raconteurs, The Greenhornes), Oscar Michel (Gris Gris), Imaad Wasif (New Folk Implosion, Alaska).

WOW!

In addition, an untrained children’s choir contributes to the songs and soundscapes.

I really can't wait to see this movie! That's in part because of the soundtrack, but the film itself looks wonderful. You can't help but love Where the Wild Things Are; I know for me that it was one of my favorite story time books :)

3 comments :

Unknown said...

I knew I wanted to see the movie after having seen a preview, but I had no idea about the soundtrack! Sounds amazing.

Noah the Great said...

Been gone?

Morgan said...

@ Carney - yeah I'm the same. Either way I wanted to see the movie. The soundtrack is just the herry on top :D

@ Noah the Great - There'll be a new post up later today. My apologies ;)