RSS Feeds

Saturday, June 27, 2009

We Got You Covered: "When You Were Young"

So I think it's clear that I love covers - clearly not all covers, but hey, every Saturday is We Got You Covered. So when is a better time to say that the Killers are going to be releasing a covers album? That's right, an ENTIRE album.

"It's something that we've always talked about doing," Killers frontman Brandon Flowers told NME.com, adding that the band plans to finish recording by the end of the year.

The Killers are currently on tour in Europe and have brought along a mobile studio to record the cover tracks. But choosing which covers to put on the album will be tough. "It's difficult for each of us to pick songs that represent us as individuals," Flowers said. "I mean, I have a lot of personalities myself! I've gone through everything from Neil Diamond to the Cars."

Drummer Ronnie Vannucci, however, has his mind made up, citing acts like Genesis, Tom Waits, Cyndi Lauper, and Iggy Pop as his choices for the album. He added that he's also been "messing around with a couple of Fleet Foxes songs."

Here's a cover that I really like by the Noisettes. It's The Killelrs' "When You Were Young."
When You Were Young by The Noisettes

Which tunes would you like to see on the Killers' upcoming covers album? Let me know in the comment section below. Personally I would love to hear a cover of Bloc Party's "The Prayer." Oh la la!

0 comments :