RSS Feeds

Friday, September 3, 2010

Playlist: Summer Mix 2010


Can we just ponder for a minute?

The only question I can seem to keep asking myself over and over again is simply this: where did summer go? And as we all know there is no simple answer. Instead it's back to school and tests and papers; late nights talking and watching the sunrise. Sure, there's a lot of work, but at least it's back to being surrounded by college students, and quite frankly I wouldn't have it any other way.

But I had a great summer full of beach days, sticky ice cream cones, and bonfires. So if I ever need to pretend that I'm basking in the sun on the beach instead of stuck inside the library studying in a snow-filled Rochester, I know exactly which songs to turn to:

The Apples in Stereo - "Told You Once"

B.o.B. (feat. Haley Williams) - "Airplanes"

The Black Keys - "Tighten' Up"

Janelle Monae (feat Big Boi) - "Tightrope"

Kele - "Everything You Wanted" (RAC remix)


Local Natives - "Airplane"

Mumford & Sons - "Little Lion Man"

The National - "Bloodbuzz Ohio"

Sleigh Bells - "Tell 'Em"

Tobacco (feat. Beck) - "Fresh Hex"

Vampire Weekend - "Giving Up the Gun"

I figured all the free music would make up for the lack of posts. Enjoy!

0 comments :