RSS Feeds

Monday, September 13, 2010

Multiple Eargasms

Yeah, you read that right. And they were fantastic!

Over the weekend I was lucky enough to get the chance to go to two amazing concerts. And the best part? Both of them were in upstate New York. When did that happen? When did upstate New York become the cool place to go? More on that another time. Back to my amazing weekend!

Friday: Vampire Weekend with Beach House and Dum Dum Girls


When you think about it, Vampire Weekend is considered, well, to be "indie darlings." What Friday night was was very un-indie indeed. I loved the crowd at this concert - it was made up of anything from drunken frat boys to hipsters sweating it out in their flannel plaid in early September. Not to make fun (hey - I'm somewhere in between and I'll admit that I went with some of my frat boy friends whilst wearing plaid) it just goes to show that you can truly be appreciated for your music. Dum Dum girls got the crowd started, Beach House mellowed everyone out, and Vampire Weekend kicked ass.

Vampire Weekend - "Giving Up the Gun"

Beach House - "Norway"

Dum Dum Girls - "D.A.L."
Saturday: Passion Pit with Busy


I went for Passion Pit (and didn't even know anyone was opening for them). At times it was like being in a dream - a synthesized electronic one. Even though this was my second time seeing the Boston-natives, I have decided that I'm going to encounter the same problems with this band every time I see them: the sound levels will never work in Michael Angelakos‘favor. That's just what happens when you have a falsetto. But that being said the music itself was surprisingly similar to their actual recordings, and the band certainly knows how to work a crowd.

Plus, they performed my favorite covers!

"Dreams" (The Cranberries) by Passion Pit

Either way, it was a fantastic weekend, and now I'm frantically trying to catch up with all of my work. Totally worth it though.

0 comments :