RSS Feeds

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

SXSW 2010: Wednesday

So SXSW officially starts today, and all I can say is that I am MEGA jealous of anyone who is lucky enough to go. There are so many bands and I wouldn't even know where to begin if I were there myself. Not at all....

So instead I shall day dream and I will love vicariously through all of those lucky people. Imagine a mystical and wonderful world where you were automatically transported from stage to stage just for the experience. Nice, right? Well, if it were up to me, here would be my ideal schedule for the SXSW Showcasing Bands for this year (click on the links to check out their sites and listen to some music):

Wednesday March 17th
5:00PM Nneka
Day Stage Cafe Austin Convention Center (500 E Cesar Chavez St) (All Ages)

7:30PM Hesta Prynn
Buffalo Billiards (201 E 6th St) (21+)

8:50PM: Chiddy Bang
Aces Lounge(222 E 6th St) (21+)

9:20PM Das Racist
Buffalo Billiards (201 E 6th St) (21+)

10:00PM: Born Ruffians
The Phoenix (409 Colorado St) (21+)

11:00PM: We Were Promised Jetpacks
The Parish (214B E 6th St) (21+)

12:15AM: Spoon
Stubb's (801 Red River St) (All Ages)

1:00AM: Miike Snow
Galaxy Room Backyard(508 E 6th St) (21+)

And then during the day I would just wander around Austin, my ears constantly being filed with sweet, sweet music. Sigh. One of these years I will go, and it will be EPIC.

But then I would have to look at the ENTIRE schedule and not just the SXSW Showcasing Bands...I was already overwhelmed making this schedule!

0 comments :