RSS Feeds

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Music Tuesday: Seasick Steve

Don't let the his nickname or the overalls fool you! Seasick Steve's newest release Man From Another Time is a wonderfully bluesy rock collection of music that needs to be listened to.

At the very least, play the video below for "Diddley Bow." The song is titled for the what Seasick Steve is playing throughout the song - a one stringed electric guitar sounding instrument played with a slide.

Seasick Steve - Diddley Bo

Seasick Steve - Never Go West

I had never really heard of Steve, but I'm glad I stumbled on him!

Man From Another Time Tracklisting
01 Diddley Bo
02 Big Green and Yeller
03 Happy [To Have A Job]
04 The Banjo Song
05 Man From Another Time
06 That's All
07 Just Because I Can [CSX]
08 Never Go West
09 Dark
10 Wenatchee
11 My Home [Blue Eyes]
12 Seasick Boogie
13 Livin On The Outside [*]
14 Them Roses [*]
15 I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (hidden track featuring Amy LaVere on vocals, not on vinyl version)

Tracks marked [*] only appear on deluxe edition.

7 comments :

Isaac Ashe said...

For months I thought his name was C16.

Unknown said...

That instrument reminds me of an instrument I made at camp once, an oonee-can. Except the diddley bow is like the electric version, and much cooler. Haha

Rockin!

Morgan said...

@Issac haha that's great

@Camey that didlley bo is pretty rockin!

Anonymous said...

thanks! how can I download the disc?

Morgan said...

You can download it at Amazon, iTunes, or other retail sellers.

Anonymous said...

Do you people have a facebook fan page? I looked for one on twitter but could not discover one, I would really like to become a fan!

Morgan said...

Yep, it's on the top right hand corner :)