RSS Feeds

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Playlist: The Winter Mix

Happy Holidays to everyone and soon Happy New Year!

I love the holidays - don't get me wrong - but some things I can't handle. I drove home from school to New Hampshire for some skiing. Needless to say it was a long drive, but 4 states and a solid 8 1/2 hours later I finally made it. But for some reason I was determined to listen to raido the entire time. I drove back December 23rd, so this was a bad decision because that meant a whole lot of Christmas music. I'll be honest, if I have to listen to Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas" again there will be major problems.

So for those of you who love themed playlists (I know I do - my favorite time of the year is when I get to play halloween music on my radio show) here's one full of blizzards and hot cocoa and warm fires.

Banjo or Freakout - "Frosty the Snowman"
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - "In This Home on Ice"
Los Straightjackets - "A Marshmallow World"
Ra Ra Riot - "Winter ‘05"
Regina Spektor - "20 Years Of Snow"
+/- (Plus Minus) - "Snowblind"
The Main Drag - "A Jagged Gorgeous Winter"
The Walkmen - "While I Shovel the Snow"

Plus the East Coast is currently being attacked by a blizzard. The winter music is necessary.

0 comments :