RSS Feeds

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thao and the Get Down Stay Down's New Music Video

How cool is this?

Thao and the Get Down Stay Down have a new music video for "Body," directed by Dianna Agron (aka Quinn Fabray from Fox’s “Glee”). (Yes, I'll admit that I am a Gleek.) The music video premiered at Oxfam America’s website and also features a very funny three-minute intro from Dianna and Thao, giving fans some insight into their friendship, Thao’s work with Oxfam, and how the video came to be.

As Thao explains:
Last winter, Dianna contacted me to see about directing her first music video for my band. I so readily agreed, the internet could not deliver my consent fast enough. We met one day on Skype while I was on tour in Europe and Dianna was on set. "Body" (from the band's latest record Know Better Learn Faster) was shot on Valentine's Day on Dianna's bed. Dianna and I offered the exclusive premiere to Oxfam America in hopes of directing traffic to Oxfam's site and encouraging action to support Oxfam's efforts, particularly on behalf of the world's poorest, who are hit hardest by the effects of climate change.
Check out the video below:
I really love the video!

Thao has worked with Oxfam America for more than 3 years and is an ambassador for the Sisters on the Planet Campaign.

0 comments :