RSS Feeds

Monday, November 2, 2009

It's Been a Year!


So it was exactly one year ago today that I made the first post. And what a year it's been!

I wish I had taken a picture of the site the first day I put it up. A LOT has changed since then.

The community is growing. Every day more people visit the site. I've been seeing more comments, getting more emails, and seeing links back not only on other blogs, but also on band websites and facebook pages, and even an article.

I started Ruined By MTV because I love music and I wanted to share it with my friends. Little did I know (or bother to think) that there would be readers from all over the world reading or bands from all over the world contacting me too.

I was going to make a playlist in honor, but I thought this one song was more appropriate.
"The Blog" by Datarock

It's been an AMAZING year. Let's keep it up! And as always, thanks for reading!

3 comments :

Matt said...

:D Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

I love your blog! I just found it, and we have a lot of the same tastes in music. Indie/electro/etc. Bat for lashes, the stars, mgmt, julian casablancas.... Glad to see some one is as crazy about music as I am :-D
-amy

Morgan said...

@ Matt - thanks! :D

@ Amy - I'm glad you like what you see! Crazy about music is always good ;)