RSS Feeds

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Matt & Kim, De La Soul, and DJ Troublemaker

If you know me, then you know that I love Matt & Kim. If you didn't know that I love Matt & Kim, you're about to find out why.

Independent music fans tend to have very insular love for the music, but that doesn't stop us from getting all giddy when an indie act like Matt & Kim collides with the mainstream (or, mainstream-er in this case).

DJ Troublemaker has done a remix of the unceasingly enthuastic duo's track, "Daylight," slated to appear on EA Sports' "NBA Live 2010," out October 6th. Hip-hop moldbusters De La Soul give Troublemaker a hand, and hold down the remix verses, bookended with a truncated version of the song's original chorus. It still has most of the original music, but the drums are revamped for sure (sorry Kim, but it was necessary).

Daylight (DJ Troublemaker Remix feat De La Soul) by Matt & Kim

I’m a big fan of the original, and I love this version too!

0 comments :