RSS Feeds

Sunday, February 8, 2009

GRAMMY WINNERS!

(that I care about....or feel like typing about...) If you want to see the full list of nominees and winners, feel free to check it out at the Grammys official website here.

ALBUM OF THE YEAR 

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Raising Sand
 

How did they beat not only Radiohead (who I was REALLY going for and Coldplay for that matter, who EVERYONE thought would win?)

RECORD OF THE YEAR
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Please Read The Letter
 

(Hey, they beat Coldplay....and Adele and M.I.A.)

SONG OF THE YEAR
Coldplay -Viva La Vida

BEST NEW ARTIST

Adele



BEST ROCK ALBUM
Coldplay - Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends

....but Kings of Leon were completely robbed. I mean Coldplay isn't even rock!

BEST ROCK PERFORMANCE
Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire

YES! I was hopping for them or Radiohead, so I'm happy :)

BEST ROCK SONG
Bruce Springsteen - Girls In Their Summer Clothes

Wow....my least favorite. I would have preffered Radiohead, Death Cab for Cutie, Kings of Leon, or Coldplay for that one.

BEST ALTERNATIVE MUSIC ALBUM
 

Radiohead - In Rainbows

(YAY)

BEST DANCE RECORDING
Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger
 

That was a hard one, but Daft Punk deserved the recognition. I would have also been equally happy with Hot Chip though...

BEST ELECTRONIC/DANCE ALBUM
Daft Punk - Alive 2007

BEST REMIXED RECORDING, NON-CLASICAL
MGMT - Electric Feel (Justice Remix)


YES! Another great decision!

BEST RAP ALBUM
Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III
 


BEST RAP PERFROMANCE BY A DUO OR GROUP
Jay-Z & T.I. Featuring Kanye West & Lil Wayne - Swagga Like Us

BEST RAP/SUNG COLLABORATION
Estelle feat. Kayne West - American Boy

BEST FEMALE POP VOCAL PERFORMANCE
Adele - Chasing Pavements
 
 


BEST POP PERFORMANCE
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
 


That performance of "Swagga Like Us" was AMAZING! M.I.A., Jay-Z, Kanye West, TI, Lil' Wayne....I approve! I mean M.I.A.'s baby is DUE today and she performed. That's gonna be the coolest baby ever! If of course that bouncing around didn't harm the poor kid...

And Radiohead's performance of "15 Step!" Wow. I really loved that marching band helping them out. It brought a nice full sound (not that the original was lacking).

I know a lot of people hate the Grammys because it's seen as an awful way of showing how the music industry is some corporate hierarchy, but as long as it gets people excited about music, that's all I can really ask for...

0 comments :