RSS Feeds

Monday, December 22, 2008

Playlist: Great Albums of 2008

Since it's the end of the year, most places are starting their Top (insert number here) songs/albums/music videos/whatever of the year. Now personally I don't feel that I can do that, I mean I certainly haven't listened to enough music to feel that my rankings could justify all of the great music that has come out this year. But I must say, I trust Rolling Stone enough, and they came out with the Top 50 Albums of 2008 list last week. Give it a read to learn more about each album.

I highly recommend all of the albums, but below are some of my favorites from this year with one of my favorite songs from each album. (The numbers are their rankings from Rolling Stone).

1 | TV On the Radio: Dear Science
TV On the Radio - Halfway Home removed by zshare

6 | Santogold: Santogold
Santogold - Les Artistes removed by zshare

8 | Beck: Modern Guilt
Beck - Gamma Ray removed by zshare

10 | Vampire Weekend: Vampire Weekend
Vampire Weekend - Walcott

11 | Fleet Foxes: Fleet Foxes
Fleet Foxes - He Doesn't Know Why

15 | The Black Keys: Attack & Release
The Black Keys - Strange Times

20 | Kings of Leon: Only by the Night
Kings of Leon - Use Somebody removed by zshare

29 | Bon Iver: For Emma, Forever Ago
Bon Iver - Re: Stacks

38 | Ra Ra Riot: The Rhumb Line
Ra Ra Riot - Can You Tell

49 | Hot Chip: Made in the Dark
Hot Chip - Ready for the Floor

0 comments :