RSS Feeds

Monday, December 28, 2009

Ah, the Memories: 2005


Hey ho, let's go! We're on to 2005!

"Shatter" by Feeder from their album Pushing the Senses

I think this was the first song I ever heard from Feeder, and it has to be one of my favorites. It's just an amazing tune. The guitars are nice and chunky too, and the chorus just rocks.

"Mr. Ambulance Driver" by The Flaming Lips from At War With the Mystics

It's a sad song, but a beautiful one nonetheless. Plus it's another one of those songs that's on a lot of my mix CDs.

"Best of You” by Foo Fighters from their album In Your Honor

I love Dave Grohl's voice in this track, and the message is really moving. It's a great anthem, and it gets better and better every time I listen to it.

"Goodnight, Goodnight" by Hot Hot Heat from the album Elevator

Are you dancing yet? Are you? Cause I am!

"The Mixed Tape" by Jack's Mannequin from the album Everything in Transit

Jack's Mannequin has to be one of my favorite bands, and choosing my favorite song from the album was really difficult - like choosing a favorite child! - but when it comes down to it, how can you not love "The Mixed Tape?"

"Hoppipolla" by Sigur Ros from their album Takk...

How I love this song! One of my best friends will play this on the piano and suddenly I just feel like I'm home and safe. It gives me chills and makes me happy - and I don't even know what they're saying. Thanks Iceland!

Check back tomorrow for 2006!

0 comments :