RSS Feeds

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yeah, I'll Say It!


I can't believe it, but I'll say it: I'm excited about the New Moon Soundtrack.

Yep - I'll admit it. So if you didn't know (and potentially live under a rock) the track list for the New Moon Soundtrack has been released, and while I’m not personally a fan of the Twilight Saga or really even the whole Vampire craze that's devouring America right now (i.e. True Blood, the Vampire Diaries, etc.) – I am a fan of the artists on the soundtrack.

Take Death Cab for Cutie for example. They wrote the track "Meet Me on the Equinox" specifically for the movie. I really like it. I know that since it’s on the New Moon Soundtrack a lot of people are automatically going to hate it. Some people are going to call Death for Cutie (and the other artists featured) sellouts, maybe even me a sellout for liking it. I think a lot of people are going to think I wouldn't like it (what is Ruined By MTV about after all?) But you know what, it’s helping indie become the new mainstream, and I’m ok with that.

"Think of it as a good chance for other people to discover what you've already found."

New Moon Soundtrack Tracklist:
Death Cab for Cutie - Meet Me on the Equinox
Band of Skulls - Friends
Thom Yorke - Hearing Damage
Lykke Li - Possibility
The Killers - A White Demon Love Song
Anya Marina - Satellite Heart
Muse - I Belong to You (New Moon)
Bon Iver & St. Vincent - Rosyln
Black Rebel Motorcycle Cub - Done All Wrong
Hurricane Bells - Monsters
Sea Wolf - The Violet Hour
Ok Go - Shooting the Moon
Grizzly Bear - Slow Life
Editors - No SOund But the Wind
Alexandre Desplat - New Moon (The Meadow)

0 comments :