RSS Feeds

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Some Really Unimportant Grammy Thoughts

Hey there Little Monsters -

I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Keep reading!

So what did you think of the Grammys? I won't lie, I had to miss a lot of it, but it was definitely interesting from what I saw. An egg? Really? If she wasn't famous I think it's safe to say that Lady Gaga would be institutionalized.

I'm not a great guesser with Grammy Awards. All in all, I guessed the corrrect winner 5 out of the 26 categories from the last post (yikes!), and who I actually wanted to win won 10 out of 26 times. It's a good thing I wasn't betting.

I'm not going to go through every category, but I just wanted take a moment to mention Album of the Year. One word. SHOCKED. No, no. Let's try AMAZED. I wanted Arcade Fire's The Suburbs to win, but I never thought it would in a million years. I was sure it would be Lady Gaga, but I am pleasantly surprised. Faith in music restored. (That and the Bieber didn't win Best New Artist. With so may amazing nominees in that category I would have been upset if he had won.)

Actually, you want to know what really upset me: Best Pop Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals. I hate Train. I hate Soul Sister. Over the summer I worked at a Top 40 Radio Station and it was played EVERY HOUR. I didn't really care who won this one, but I should have figured Train would come back to haunt me.

Whatever, I'm going to bed.

For all of the Grammy nominees (and winners) check out Grammy.com.

0 comments :