RSS Feeds

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Breaking Artist: Voxhaul Broadcast

I haven't done any "Breaking Artist" segments in a while, so I knew I had to truly find a breakout artist. Good thing Voxhaul Broadcast will not disappoint.

Voxhaul Broadcast hails from sunny Orange County, California, and they can't hide that upbeat flavor in their music. The four-piece indie rock band, made up of David Dennis (guitar, vocals), Anthony Aguiar (guitar, organ, backing vocals), Phillip Munsey II (bass), and Kurt Allen (drums) just recently signed with the Agency Group.

Their debut full length, Timing is Everything will be released sometime in early 2011. Produced by Grammy Award winning producer Tom Biller (Silver Sun Pickups, Seawolf, Liars) with additional production from Chris Thorne (Blind Melon), Timing Is Everything is a culmination of everything this band has been working towards. A mix of r&b, rock, and soul, they still somehow stay true to their original sound (the band recorded and mixed their 2008 debut EP Rotten Apples live AND in one day). With influences ranging from James Brown and Al Green to The Beatles and Donovan, it's hard to not have undeniably catchy beats.

Check out their song "Leaving on the 5th" below. "The track is about meeting someone who you know you'll have to say goodbye to the next day and making the most of the time you have with them," says guitarist and keyboardist Anthony Aguiar.

Voxhaul Broadcast - "Leaving on the 5th"

Voxhaul Broadcast has showcased at SXSW, CMJ, Sundance, Noisepop Pop Fest in San Francisco, and has been featured multiple times on Daytrotter.

Here's hoping that we get to hear more about them in the future!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I like it, its putting me in a good mood.

Anonymous said...

I like it, its putting me in a good mood. As if i were driving on a sunny road with the windows rolled down.

Instead i shall crawl into my comforter

Morgan said...

I know, I love songs that truly put me in a great mood!

Anonymous said...

interesting, thanks