RSS Feeds

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Breaking Artist: Matt & Kim


So I'm wrapping up school - classes end for me next Wednesday, and then I just have to get through a couple of exams and I'm home May 9th. And wow, did the year go by fast! But what's been getting me through all the class and homework and papers and exams? Why Matt & Kim! Especially...

Matt & Kim - Daylight MP3

Matt & Kim are an indie power pop duo that formed in Brooklyn, New York in 2004. The group consists of Matt Johnson (vocals, keyboards) and Kim Schifino (drums, vocals). The group released their first full-length album, the self titled Matt & Kim, in October 2006 and their sophomore release Grand in January 2009. At the end of the day, their music is best described as simple, dance style rhythms and energetic performances

Matt & Kim have gotten a lot of attention even in just the past week. A lot of this has been due to their newest music video "Lessons Learned" from their album Grand.


I originally fell in love with the music, but I'll admit it was the music video that made me post about them. And yes, while I understand nudity is nothing special, it certainly takes some guts. Plus it looks like it was really cold outside!

0 comments :